A service is held once a year at St Mary’s, Fleet Marston, and this is the day!
Revd Mary Cruddas is taking the service at 11.00am and we are all invited.
Information about the church:
A medieval church where John Wesley preached This isolated medieval church is set on a small hillock a few minutes walk away from the Aylesbury to Bicester road. Surrounded by trees, in the middle of fields, it consists only of a nave, chancel, and porch. The village it served has long since disappeared, although Methodist founder John Wesley preached here soon after he was ordained, and the church was restored by Sir G Gilbert Scott in 1868. The church was built in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, probably on the site of an earlier church. There is a quaint Norman font, a beautiful chancel arch rebuilt in the fourteenth century, and a fine fifteenth-century queen-post roof over the nave.